Thursday, January 7, 2010

Inventory


I cannot lie...today was a terrible day. For many reasons and from many directions, today was a terrible day. I spend an very unhealthy amount of energy today just choking back tears. I will not go into it too much but the fact is that life is not fair and things happen to us that are beyond our control, no one is to blame, but we are sometimes just left to pick up the pieces anyway.

"All things shall pass."

Today, I also took inventory. I took inventory of myself and let me tell you, there are some overstocked shelves, some lacking shelves and some just plain empty shelves. This is good though. I am thankful for my full shelves, for I can share with others and I am humbled by my empty shelves, I will make a plan to fill them up again. It may take a while but I know that everything I need each day will somehow be there on those shelves when I go to reach for it. Even when I doubt, even when I do not know how to pray, somehow when I reach, something or someone, always quietly appears.
"We have so much room for improvement. Every aspect of our lives must be subjected to an inventory... of how we are taking responsibility." 

No comments:

Post a Comment